Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday, November 15

Today I was at the hospital from 9am until 7:30pm - long day. I was hoping if I stayed long enough that I would get to see her doctor... sigh. I am going to get there by 6am tomorrow and see if I have better luck.

When I got there, the transport was there to take her down for a chest x-ray. As of 7:30pm, we still did not have any xray results. Vernell thinks that she has pneumonia and the nurse said there is crackling in the lungs. Vernell was given a dose of lasix this morning to help reduce the fluid. She has not been feeling any nausea for several days now. She is still not eating. She HATES the clear liquid diet and refuses to eat it/drink it - ugh. I have been trying to remind her diet cannot be advanced until she can tolerate the clear liquids. The dr won't know if she is tolerating the clear liquids until she actually consumes them. By dinnertime she still not eaten all day. I asked her what WOULD she eat... "country fried steak" LOL... she does not even get that on her BEST day. We settled on mashed potatoes and asked the nurse if it would be okay. The nurse said lets try it. I picked the skins out of the bowl because the kitchen sent skin-on mashed... they would certainly have messed her up BIG. I added broth to thin the mashed potatoes. She loved them, but unfortunately, the potatoes did NOT love her. They made her very nauseous, so the nurse came to the rescue with a dose of Zofran to take away the nausea.

I am finishing htis on Tuesday night. Last might my computer ran out of power in the middle of my post... thank goodness it saved the work I had done. The computer zapped out of power at about the same time I did. lol

I don't even remember what else I was going to tell you last night.... dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment