Don took the kids to visit Gogo this afternoon. I was attending "therapy" at Goodwill... I love bargain shopping and it helps me de-stress. Vernell has been wanting a Brett Favre jersey, but didn't want to pay the ridiculously "high dollar" price for a nice jersey. I FOUND her one at Goodwill today... a really nice Reebok brand. The jersey is black with green and yellow. While I was showing it to the rest of the family we discovered that it is a reversible jersey... the other side is green with yellow and white. I am excited to take it and show her!!
Vernell had a better day today... she took her meds by mouth with liquid and everything stayed down. Hooray! She is still very worn out and weak and her speech is a bit slurred. The results of the upper GI from Monday did not show much because the contrast did not make it very far before it came back up. The GI doctor is holding off on ordering a Nasal-Gastro feeding tube because he was encouraged that she was able to keep liquids down today. He plans on running a second upper GI series once she has kept liquids down for a couple more days.
Her blood pressure was 90/65 which is significantly lower than 156/86 yesterday. Her fever is down, but she has been getting lots of tylenol. Her blood sugar was really high today.
So now we wait and see if she can keep liquids down for the next couple days and go from there. This is such a step by step journey.
I'm going to wrap the jersey and give it to her tomorrow. I'll let you know how she likes it!
No comments:
Post a Comment